Hair transplant steps are the most important thing you should know if you are willing to undergo a hair transplantation procedure, as you must know all details about your problems, techniques of hair transplantation, and ensure the final look.
Baldness, alopecia, hair loss, or lack of density are considered the worst during males/female’s life, which everyone is seeking to avoid reaching, but if you enter one of those problems, you might consider hair transplant steps.
Hair Transplant Steps
Hair transplantation is a cosmetic procedure, which depends on transferring the hair follicles from your donor area to the baldness, alopecia, or hair loss areas, so your hair will grow naturally, depending on the common latest techniques, either DHI, FUE, or ROBOT technique.
Your hair transplant steps will be as follow:
The patient will undergo a general checkup such as blood and diabetic tests to know the genetic factors, ensuring public health, and to make sure that the patient is a good candidate for hair transplant.
The first step in hair transplantation: The doctor examines your scalp and explains the problem that you suffer whether; alopecia, baldness, hair loss, or lack of density; then, decides the suitable technique according to your condition. After that, your doctor determines the number of follicles that needed to transplant.
The second step: The medical team shaves your hair from the donor area, and sterilizes the scalp, then; you will be given local anesthesia by a professional of anesthetics, to relax during the procedure and do not feel any pain.
The third step: The doctor will harvest the follicles from the donor area, where the back of your head is between two ears, using a specific device called a micromotor, which consists of a tiny needle called Punch with different measurements of the diameter between 0.4 mm to 0.8 mm. The doctor chooses the measure of the needle, according to the type of follicles.
The medical staff will take the follicles and put them in a biolife solution called HypoThermosol to keep alive as long as possible outside the body; then, the follicles will be sorted by the number of hair, from the micro-grafts of only one hair strand up to the larger grafts of 4 hair strands.
Each technique varies in its steps after the step of harvesting, as all techniques are standard in the stage of harvesting the follicles but the difference is the techniques of transplantation.
After finishing the harvesting phase, the difference between each technique will appear, so if the doctor decided the FUE technique, the steps after the harvesting stage would be as follow:
- The patient is anesthetized for the baldness areas, called the recipient area, where the implant will be applied.
- The doctor makes very tiny slits in the baldness or alopecia areas to insert the follicles harvested from the donor area.
- One of the medical staff sterilizes the patient’s scalp while implanting the follicles.
- After the doctor finishes hair transplant steps, he will put a band around the patient’s head to prevent fluid loss.
Follicles unit harvesting, known as the FUE technique is the global and popular technology, which every doctor prefers to use; it is a leap in hair replacement procedures due to the reduction of side effects such as scars and bleeding, which were resulted from the previous techniques. FUE technique takes a period of six to eight hours.
In case of the doctor choice DHI technique, the steps will be:
- Instead of making slits, the doctor uses CHOI pens, which are devices that look like a pen that has an accurate head, in which the medical staff put the follicles in that pen one by one. Then, the doctor takes the pen and implants the follicles in the recipient area of the scalp with one click by the Choi pen.
It is the most critical step in hair transplant steps with the DHI technique, which needs an expert and efficient doctor.
- During implant, one of the medical team will sterilize the scalp of the patient, using a salt solution.
DHI technique, known as the CHOI technique, is one of the most significant technology in the hair transplantation world; it depends on the Choi pen that has the ability to control the transplanted hair directions, does not make any scars in the scalp, and gives a natural density and natural appearance, as well the success rate of DHI technique ups to 97%.
CHOI technique is suitable for every person who needs density or solving the problem of baldness, whether scalp, mustache, or beard. In addition, it does not need to shave the whole hair because the doctor implants the follicle in a specific area. DHI technique takes 6-8 hours, according to each patient.
If your hair transplant steps by a ROBOT technique, will be as well:
- The first step in hair transplant steps with Robot HARRTS; the Robot examines your scalp under the supervision of the doctor, which will consider the donor area and determines the number of follicles that will be harvested, in addition to, identifies the baldness areas.
- The Robot gives a model of the final look of hair, according to the shape of the face.
- The doctor together with the helping arm of the robot will implant the follicles in the baldness area in a particular way.
- The robot HARRTS helps to decrease the side effects and complications after hair replacement.
ROBOT technique, known as Robot HARRTS, is the latest technique in hair transplantation technology all over the world, which helps the doctor and considers as an assistant doctor; there are two types of Robot HARRTS, which are Major HARRTS and Mini HARRTS. The difference between the mini and the major Robot HARRTS is the number of arms of each, in which Major HARRTS contains four arms, and Mini HARRTS includes two arms. ROBOT technique minimizes the time.
After finish the hair transplant steps, it is recommended to take some vitamins and treatments, such as platelet-rich plasma PRP. The plasma helps strengthen the transplanted follicles stimulates the follicles to accelerate growth.
The medical staff reviewed the article before being published and ensured the content credibility, so share the article to help the right medical information reaches the people who interested in hair replacement.